Change Company Name
If you are planning to change the name of the company or LLP name, it can be done at any time after the incorporation of the company. There can be many reasons for changing the name of the company such as rebranding, merger or acquisition, etc.
When any change in the name of the company is made, the Registrar shall enter the new name in the register of companies in place of the old name and issue a fresh certificate of incorporation with the new name and the change in the name shall be complete and effective only on the issue of such certificate.
Procedure to be followed:
- Board Resolution has to be passed;
- Need to check the availability of changed name;
- Special Resolution has to be passed for name change;
- This resolution has to be filed with the Registrar of Companies;
- Registrar will then issue a new certificate of incorporation;
- Lastly, need to alter the Memorandum of Association and Article of Association.
How can Law Tarazoo help?
Law Tarazoo can help you file for change of company or LLP name in India by scheduling an appointment with us.